I used two different fabrics, both the same color and weight. The main fabric was a thicker knit and the accent fabric was a ribbed knit.
I drafted the sleeve pattern and based the rest of the proportions off of the pieces from Simplicity 2580.
Sleeve, neck (filler) and hem bands of the ribbed knit. Neatly topstiched.
To make it not look so low, I added a strip of fabric to the neckline, attaching it at the arm holes.
I also made 2 skirts that day, one of which is this linen A-line with a ruffle that unintentionally matched the shirt perfectly. I didn't even realize they would match until I had finished both. I also made a rust-colored wool skirt from the same Butterick 3134 I used for the linen one. View C (hits the floor on me) putting the pieces on the fold instead of having a seam. New favorite skirt pattern. New favorite shirt.